We are supporting a dual brand main dealer based in Wincanton with their search for a Level 3 (or equivalently qualified) TECHNICIAN .. .. .. ..
Key Elements of the position
- To carry out routine maintenance and servicing checks and repairs in line with the requirements of the manufacturer.
- To run fault diagnostics and rectification.
- Carry out repair / service operations to engine units, drive trains, axle assemblies, suspension components, brakes, air conditioning systems, wheel alignment, instrument panels, emissions systems, and all interior trim components etc.
- Use of computers / IT for on-line technical support, diagnostic`s, complimentary vehicle health checks, manufacturer training etc.
- Direct communication with customers to identify / understand concerns with vehicle running performance and to advise about technical issues.
- Road test vehicles on completion of repair / service work, also accompanying customers for demonstration of vehicle concerns or faults.
- Manufacturer training will be provided via e-learning in addition to on and off-site learning at manufacturer training centres, this will involve overnight stays on various occasions.
- Relevant formal qualification – City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- A current and UK driving licence – without excess penalty points
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, within a franchised dealership or quality independent workshop
This is a busy and successful dealership that represents 2 well-known quality brands. They offer a pleasant, happy working environment with an approachable, “open-door” management policy. Ongoing training – supported by the represented brands – plus a competitive salary and bonus scheme are also included.